Friday, July 22, 2011

It's 1:30 a.m. And we are all up...sitting with Poppy. He has had a long day. I have been in his room with him several times today and he is not talking much. This morning he said, "hi lovey, how are you?" he told me around lunch that his mother was in the room with him and he pointed to her in the corner of the room - I never met my grandmother she died when I was a few weeks old. I asked him how he was around 8:00 p.m. and he said he was "ok" I said Poppy, I know your not ok but I want to make sure your not terribly uncomfortable. He said, this is hard and I leaned over and kissed him and I told him that I loved him, he mustered up all his energy and said, "I will always love you baby." It kind of gets a little rough after that but he is struggling tonight and we are all up waiting...waiting...waiting...

Since I am struggling with my words tonight - I think a favorite memory of Poppy will do. There are so many, but perhaps when I got my tonsils out when I was 5. Poppy, was devastated that I was going through this and he brought me this Amelia Earhart doll. I woke up from surgery and he had tears in his eyes. I also remember bringing home a kitten or two (or three) and praying that he would let me keep them and well, he did. He created a monster lol now it's turtles and guinea pigs, dogs and horses lol. I married a man an awful lot like my poppy. Ok, a bit of rambling tonight. If you are reading and you have a favorite memory please share and if not please pray for him as he makes this difficult transition. I will write tomorrow with an update. Sweet dreams Poppy.

No comments:

Post a Comment